Tuesday, December 19, 2017

17 Year Old Preapres for Impact

The Vortex of Adulthood is Rapidly Approaching

It’s spinning and the pressure becomes stronger the older I get, responsibilities, money, and, college is flying past my face. Almost so fast it gives me wind burn, or..whip lash. Depends on who you ask. 

College

College is the most evident thing in my path to adult hood. I’m a 17 year old young woman sitting in Journalism class at String Theory Performing Arts High School December 13, 2017 my notifications rang and like music to my ears I opened my email to eye candy “CONGRATULATIONS” from Temple University. 

Fight fight for the cherry and the white, My aceptance letter cane in the mail while snow fall sealed my mail box shut. Inside the box was a blinding white and rouge print. “You’re In.” The paper was crisp like the fresh of sheets of snow outside. Frost formed on the windows because of the heated house and freezing weather outside.  How warm I felt. 

“We welcome you to Temple University! We welcome you to the Klein College of Media and Communication, Journalism.” What a sight. The first major purchase of my life the last trial before adulthood. The e-mail came to me in a juvenile journalism class, now I’m on my way to educate the public with a professional touch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Read Somehing Magical

Magical Realism Magical Realism - (n.) painting in a meticulously realistic style of imaginary or fantastic scenes or images. - Merriam...